Due to social distancing guidelines, Safespace café is temporarily closed.
But we’re bringing Safespace to you.
Safespace is an out-of-hours, open door crisis cafe where you can get instant and practical mental health support.
There’s no need to call ahead. If you’re feeling vulnerable in the evenings, you can drop into Safespace and speak to fully-trained mental health professionals who will help you manage your wellbeing.
It’s a judgement-free zone and we welcome those who are in need – whether that be due to loneliness, isolation or emotional vulnerability.
How do I access Safespace?
We’re bringing Safespace to you. You can get in touch through Zoom. It’s really easy to set up:
- Sign up free to Zoom (but do not use your Facebook account to sign up)
- Download the software to your mobile device, laptop or computer
- Open the app on your device and sign in
- Either click here to join, or
- Click ‘Join’ and search for Meeting ID 208 809 6683
- Join the chat group, either with sound only or with video
- You will be moved into a ‘breakout’ room where you can register and speak with a member of our team privately.
Connecting via WiFi over your broadband or a free hotspot will be free but please check if you have any data limitations in your contract.
Connecting using 3G or 4G data from a mobile device will use up some of your data allowance for the time you are connected. Data usage can vary from 120MB per hour to 500MB per hour or more depending on use of audio and video. Turning off your camera on the call will save a lot of data use.
If you don’t have access to a computer or a smart phone, you can still access Safespace remotely.
You can dial in to Safespace using a phone. Just dial any one of these numbers:
- +44 131 460 1196
- +44 330 088 5830
- +44 208 080 6592
- +44 208 080 6591
- +44 203 481 5240
- +44 203 481 5237
Then, when prompted, key in the Meeting ID number: 208 809 6683
Telephone calls will not be free and will be charged at your network provider’s rates. Please check if you have any inclusive minutes or free calling packages set up that will make your call free.